Manual Software Testing: Micro Focus Sprinter
In today’s world of rapid software development, test automation is key. However, automation isn’t always viable, and manual testing still plays an important role. From exploratory testing to user acceptance, manual testing can help organizations explore an app in a way that automation can’t. Yet short development cycles require that even manual testing be conducted quickly.
Utilizing an automated tool while manually testing an application can speed test authoring, test execution and defect documentation.
Manual testing requires determining the workflow of the user, how they’ll interact with the tool and the expected results. It also requires documenting defects as they are identified. An automated tool that allows a user to author a test plan, complete with screen shots or video for clarification, can speed both the authoring and execution phases of a manual testing cycle. And when using such a tool, defect documentation also becomes easier, as testers can identify at which point the defect occurred and include visual references to help the developer fix the problem.
To help testing teams improve productivity and accuracy even during manual testing, Orasi has partnered with Micro Focus to offer Sprinter.
Benefits of Sprinter
- Enables testers to capture screen shots of the tool at any point in the testing cycle for verification and identification.
- Identifies common spelling and compliance errors with automated defect scanning.
- Generates documentation of test plans and defect information for clear communication across the team.
- Creates defect documentation within the test, easily identifying where the defect occurred and allowing users to attach screen shots and video as needed.
- Allows users to import a data table to use for testing, eliminating the need to manually enter data.
Since its inception, Orasi has partnered with leading software testing companies; first with Mercury Interactive, then later as HPE and subsequently Micro Focus acquired the technologies. Our strong partnership with Micro Focus, and our long history with software testing technologies, gives us a unique advantage in helping organizations gain the most from their testing efforts, whether manual or automated.